Alright, so it looks like that you are someone who is facing some issues related to the dllhost.exe. Well, there is no denying the fact that the dll files play a major role when it comes to Windows software and applications. Also, there are times when we face some issues with the dll host files. Well, if you are also facing some issues with the dllhost.exe on your Windows 10 PC, then you are on the right page.
Today, in this post, we would be covering everything you need to know about the dllhost.exe. What is dllhost.exe to How do I remove it from Windows 10? We would be covering it all in this post. Now if that sounds interesting, let us top into it. But before we get straight to How to fix dllhost.exe, let us first take a look at What is dllhost.exe. Should we?
What is dllhost.exe?
A lot of people have this misconception that the dllhost is a virus or malware. Well, this is not true in any way. Dllhost is actually crucial software component of Microsoft Windows. Dllhost stands for Dynamic Link Library Host which is actually responsible for launching applications and operating services on Windows PC. Now, thought dllhost is not a virus or malware, malware can be spoofed to pretend like it is a dllhost.exe file.
Malware programs and other exploits like Virus, Trojans and worms might pretend like they are dllhost.exe in order to escape from the administrator. In simple words, some malware may be named as dllhost in order to spoof you. However, the real dllhost can be found in C://WindowsSystem32 folder. You should never remove it since it is one of the essentials for Windows PC. The COM Surrogate is the process of dllhost which starts as soon as the Windows load on your PC, i.e. as soon as you turn on your PC.
Let us now take a look at how to identify if dllhost is a malware. Should we?
How to identify if dllhost is malware?
In order to check if your dllhost is a virus, you need to follow these steps carefully:
- First of all, you need to right-click on your taskbar and choose the Task Manager option from the context menu.
- Here, switch to the Startup tab and search for the Com Surrogate process.
- Once found, right-click on the same and select the Open File Location option from the context menu.
- It should now take you to the Windows > System32 folder. If your location is different, then the chances are that your Windows PC is being infected by a virus pretending to be dllhost.
There can be multiple reasons behind how your PC got infected. These include but are not limited to:
- Spammy Mail Attachments.
- Cracked Softwares or Games.
- Applications and Programs downloaded from the unauthentic website.
- Insertion of Infected storage drive.
- And more!
But you need not worry. It is easy to remove the dllhost virus from your Windows PC. So, let us now take a look at the steps you need to take in order to remove the dllhost.exe virus. Should we?
How to remove the dllhost virus?
There are different methods which you can use in order to remove dllhost.exe malware from your Windows PC. With that being said, let us now take a look at the first method. Should we?
Method 1: Using ESET Poweliks Cleaner
Most of the times, the dllhost is a powelinks trojan. Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to remove dllhost virus or malware from your Windows PC:
- First of all, you need to make sure that your PC is being infected by this virus. Make sure that you have followed the steps under How to identify if dllhost is a malware? Section.
- Now, you need to press the Windows + R keys altogether on your keyboard.
- Here, you need to type in inetcpl.cpl and hit the Enter key.
- Now, switch over to the Security tab and click on the “Reset all zones to default level” button.
- Once done, click on Apply.
- Now, you need to download ESET Powelinks cleaner on your PC from here.
- Once done, run the program on your PC.
- The program will now scan your PC for Powelinks.
- If found any, simply press the Y button on your keyboard.
- That’s it! The Program will now remove the dllhost virus from your PC.
Let us now take a look at our next method which can be used in order to remove dllhost.exe from Windows 10. Should we?
Method 2: Using MalwareBytes
In this method, we would be using Malwarebytes in order to remove the dllhost.exe virus from our Windows 10 PC. Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to do so:
- First of all, you need to download the latest version of Malwarebytes on your PC from here.
- Once done, you need to install the Malwarebytes on your computer.
- Now, simply click on the Scan Now button to start scanning your Windows PC for malware.
- Wait for the scanning process to get completed.
- Once done, Select all the threats and click on the Quarantine Selected button.
- Wait for the program to remove all the malware from your Windows 10 PC.
- Once removed, the Malwarebytes might ask you to restart your Windows 10 PC. Simply click on Yes to restart your Windows 10 PC.
- That’s it! You have successfully removed the dllhost.exe virus from your Windows 10 PC. Easy, No?
So that’s it guys, this was our take on What is dllhost.exe? How do I remove it from Windows 10?. We hope that you found this post useful. Let us know if you are still unable to resolve the dllhost.exe issue on your Windows 10 PC.
Last Updated on