Computers have become an integral part of our lives and over the course of time like any other machine, computers also slow down. To speed a computer backup, one would begin by uninstalling unnecessary apps and by deleting away unnecessary files that take up space on your computer.
Some people even install third party apps to delete old registry entries. However, there is no need to install third-party apps to do so anymore. Microsoft has come out with a new tool, aptly named the Refresh tool. Using this tool, you can clean install Windows 10 on your computer which is on of the best methods to speed up your computer.
Before we begin the process, we need to know a few things about it.
- The Refresh tool will install a more recent or even the latest version of the Windows Insider build and bring your PC back to the original state as it was.
- All the user installed apps, drivers, and OEM tools will be wiped away. Anything that does not ship with a clean version of Windows 10 will be wiped away. It is therefore suggested to back-up all your data before clean installing Windows using the refresh tool.
- In-app purchases and digital licenses may not be carried to the new Windows. So make sure all your licenses or purchases are saved on the server.
- If you have the latest or a more recent version of Windows than that on the Refresh tool will install, your files too will be deleted.
- Apps that you had downloaded from the Store can be restored.
Now that you know the pros and cons of using the Refresh tool to clean install Windows 10 let’s get started with the tutorial.
How to Clean Install Windows 10 using Refresh tool
- You need to get the Refresh tool and install it on your computer. Download it by heading to this link.
- Once the file is downloaded, begin installing it. It will ask you to provide it with elevated privileges followed by a prompt to accept the License Agreement.
- Once you click yes to the above two prompts, the Refresh tool will launch. You will then have to make a choice: would you like to keep your personal file or wipe everything? Choose the desired option and click on “Install.”
- As you click on the “Install” button, the tool will begin downloading a recent version of Windows Insider’s build, and once the download is complete, the Windows will be installed on your computer.
So this how you use Windows Refresh tool to clean install Windows 10. Leave your views and any queries in the comments below and stay tuned for useful tutorials.
Last Updated on