Windows 10 is the latest version of OS from Microsoft and it offers multiple sign-in options to users like traditional password, Pin, Face recognition, Picture lock and Fingerprint scan to log in into windows 10.
In case, you are new to the latest Windows 10 OS and looking for a way to setup PIN to login in Windows 10, then in this tutorial, you will find out detailed guide on how to use PIN to Sign into Windows 10
PIN sign-in is one of the useful security features of Windows 10 and you can only use PIN to log into Windows 10 PC if you are using Microsoft Account. It does not work with Windows 10 local account.
This PIN feature will replace the traditional password feature to Sign into Windows 10 PC or Laptop. You can easily access this feature in any edition of Windows 10 like Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro.
The good thing about this feature is that you can still log into your Windows 10 PC using the normal Password in case you forget the PIN. You can sign in to your Windows 10 PC through normal password by clicking on the Sign In option link given just below the PIN field in Windows 10 Login screen.
After that click on the icon on the right side and enter your Microsoft Account password and then press ENTER key and you will be signed into your Windows 10 PC or laptop.
You can set up PIN of your choice but it should be of minimum 4 digits but it is recommended to enter PIN of minimum 6 digits length.
Add PIN To Sign In Option For Windows 10
Follow the instructions below to use PIN feature to login into your Windows 10 account.
1. Click on Start button and then on Settings icon to launch the Settings app. Alternatively, you can quickly launch the Settings app just by pressing the Window icon + I hotkey.
2. The Settings app window will appear, here click on the Accounts settings option (your accounts, email, sync, work, family).
3. Under Account settings, on the left panel click on the Sign-In options. Click on ADD button under PIN section.
4. After doing this, you will be asked to verify your current account password. In the popup, you need to enter your current account password in the provided area and then click OK.
5. After doing this, Set up a PIN screen window will appear asking you to create a PIN to log into your computer. In the New PIN section, you need to enter the PIN you wish to set (it should be minimum of 4 digits).
Again enter the same PIN in the Confirm PIN section and click on the OK button.
The system will take few seconds to setup PIN for your computer or laptop.
By following these instructions you can easily use PIN feature to sign in into your Windows 10 account. PIN is basically a numerical value which should be minimum of 4 digit used to secure your laptops or PCs.
If you really want a strong PIN than please use a 6 digit PIN and try to use different digits to make a secure PIN. PIN like 0000, 1111, 0011, 0123, 1234, 123456, 654321, 4321, 3210, 012345, 543210 , 0143 or any other commonly used password should not be used as your PIN.
As these passwords can be easily accessed by others also and these passwords are easy to guess so try to keep a unique PIN.
In case you forget this PIN then you can log in using your traditional password or finding your PIN is also very easy as well as you can change it too under PIN option in accounts.
How to remove PIN from your account Sign IN
1. Click on Start button and then on Settings option.
2. Click on Accounts Option and Accounts window will appear.
3. Now click on Sign – In option.
4. And now press on Remove option to remove the PIN.
5. When you click on the Remove button, it will ask for your confirmation. Simply click on the Remove button again.
6. Now a pop-up will appear asking you to enter the current account password in the space provided. Once done, click on the OK button.
By following the instructions you can easily use PIN feature to sign in into your Windows 10 account. If you don’t like to use this PIN feature and you are already using it then you can follow the instructions given to remove the PIN feature to get back to your normal password option to log in into your Windows 10 account. We hope you find this tutorial useful.
In case you have any queries then drop in the comment section.
Last Updated on