Cortana is the newest addition to the list of features inside Windows 10. It is a smart digital personal assistant that has now been brought to PC on Windows 10 and it helps us in many day to day computer usage. It can also help us to shutdown, restart, lock or hibernate Windows 10 very easily.
Now some of you might be wondering why we need some software to perform all these tasks when we can perform these tasks directly by ourselves. The answer to it is very simple. Cortana is available in many different languages and it makes finding and using functions very conveniently.
Use Cortana to perform shut down , restart, lock or hidernate on Windows 10
Cortana is now compatible with Windows 10. It helps to perform the functions such as shutdown, restart, lock and hibernate very easily if you follow a set of simple steps. The steps to follow are:
- After installation of Cortana on your windows 10 PC navigate to the location C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
- Now you need to create a shortcut for which you need to right-click on the programs folder and choose the ‘New Shortcut option.
- A location field will appear onscreen.
- For shut down:
- On that type: shutdown.exe-s-t 10
- As soon as this is down the shut down process can begin within 10 seconds.
- If you want to use an immediate shutdown command then type shutdown.exe-s-t
- Name the command as ‘Shutdown’ for future use.
- For Restart:
- In case you wish to use a restart command on you Windows 10 PC type restart.exe-r
- Rename the shortcut as ‘Restart’.
- Save it for use later.
- To Lock:
- If you want to use the lock function then use the command rundll32.exe, user32.dll, LockWorkStation
- Save the shortcut with the name ‘Lock’ on your Windows PC.
- To Hibernate:
- Now if you like to perform the hibernate function on your PC with Cortana use the command exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState
- Name this command as ‘Hibernate’ on your PC.
How to use these commands?
- Now when all the shortcut commands have been created and renamed all you have to do is say
- ‘Hey Cortana’ ‘Open Shutdown’ in order to shut down your computer at ease or even after an interval of 10 seconds or so.
- Say ‘Hey Cortana Open Restart’ to open the restart function.
- Say ‘Hey Cortana Open Lock’ to launch the lock function, and
- Say ‘Hey Cortana Open Hibernate’ to initiate the hibernation process for your Windows 10 PC or laptop.
All this said and done, you will be able to activate the functions directly without having to use the mouse or the keyboard. All you need to do is just speak you mind to Cortana and it will follow your instructions immediately without any waste of time. Cortana for Windows is very similar to Siri for Apple devices.
This is basically a digital voice assistant that helps to sort out things and makes life with computers easier. Just by following a few steps to create commands and using them along with Cortana makes things simpler. Cortana has become very popular among the Windows users. It is one of the simplest and the latest search feature and search program available these days.
The Cortana software is very convenient to download and use and makes use of the latest advancements in technology. Make sure you download the software from the latest website and use it for future.
The download must be completely done before the installation procedure, as this will ensure that there is no barrier in the awesome and convenient experience of using Cortana at any time. Use Cortana to make life a little simpler.
Last Updated on