One of the biggest problem in switching from iPhone to Windows is the interface. Both the operating systems are completely difference and you will need quiet a time to understand the function of Windows phone. Now, the most important data on anyone’s phone is contact list. No matter how many songs, movies, apps you have on your phone but if you lost your contacts, they can’t be brought back. Once the contacts are lost, it takes a lot of time to collect them back. However, keeping a backup of your contact list is a very good thing to do but problem arises when you need to transfer contacts from iPhone to Windows Phone. Now, you can either do it manually which will takes ages or you can use the following methods.
Method 1: When you have contacts on an online account
This is the most common way to transfer contacts from iPhone to windows phone. However, the only need in this method is that you should have content on an online account. First of all you will need to save your contacts on an online account like Google, Outlook or Yahoo.
How to transfer contacts from iPhone to Google account?
Make a Gmail account if you don’t have one and follow the steps on your iPhone.
- Open the Settings application on your iPhone.
- Select Mail, Contacts.
- Select Add Account.
- Select Other.
- Select Add CardDAV Account.
- Fill out your account information in the following fields:
- Server: Enter “google.com”
- User Name: Enter your full Google Account or Google Apps email address.
- Password: Your Google Account or Google Apps password.
- Description: Enter a description of the account (e.g. Personal Contacts).
- Select next at the top of your screen.
- Make sure that the “Contacts” option is turned to ON.
This will automatically sync all your contacts on the Google account.
How to transfer contacts from Google account to Windows Phone?
Follow the steps on your Windows phone.
- Click on Settings, then Email + accounts.
- Tap on Add an account >Google> Sign In.
- Enter your Google email account details and click on Next.
- This will automatically sync all the contacts and you will see all your contacts on your new Windows Phone.
Method 2: When you don’t want to share your contacts on an email account.
Follow the below steps:
- Connect your iPhone to PC, open iTunes, and then click iPhone.
- Click the Info tab, then click Outlook in the list. Make sure that the Sync Contacts with checkbox is ticked
- Choose all contacts and click Apply.
- Now just set up Outlook account on your windows phone and it’s done.
Method 3: By using a third party app
This is the easiest and quickest way to transfer contacts from iPhone to Windows Phone. For this you will need to follow the below steps:
- Download “Transfer My Data” app on your Windows Phone. Go to Marketplace in Windows Phone to download the app. It is free to use and small in size.
- Now open the app and click on continue. Make sure that you have enabled Bluetooth on your iPhone.
- Now turn on Bluetooth in both the devices and pair the devices using the app in Windows Phone.
- If you are wondering that iPhone will not get paired with Windows phone, then no need to worry as this app allows it to do so.
- Once the devices are paired, you will see a message on your Windows Phone saying that X number of contacts found.
- Now, just press continue and it will start saving iPhone contacts to Windows Phone.
Watch the video to know more about it.
This was all about how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Windows Phone. Let us know if you have any query or doubt.
Last Updated on