Transferring contacts from android phone to windows phone can be a real tedious task. Since both the operating systems are totally different and works on different concept, transferring any kind of data from one device to another becomes difficult. Contacts are one of the most important data on your phone. There are various ways by which you can transfer your contacts from your android device to your windows device. One of the easiest way to do it is by copying all contacts to SIM and after that copying all contacts from SIM to your windows device. However, this way is not possible when you have large number of contacts.
To transfer contacts from Android phone to windows phone, you will need following things:
A Gmail Account & a Microsoft account. If you already have both these accounts, you are ready to go. But, if you don’t, you need to make one. It is simple, easy and free to create these accounts.
Steps for transferring contacts from Android to Google Contacts:
Before transferring your android contacts to your windows contacts, you will need to transfer or sync them to your Gmail account. It can be done by:
- Go to Settings > Accounts & Sync in your android phone.
- Now, go to manage accounts and select the Google account in which you want to import the contacts. You can also add any new Google account if you wish.
- Now, press Sync contacts and contacts will start syncing with your Google account.
Now, you will need to export your Google contacts which can be done by following steps:
- Sign in to your Gmail account with which you have synced your contacts.
- In the main Gmail windows, press the drop-down arrow next to Gmail and choose contacts. Or you can visit www.Google.com/contacts to view your contacts.
- Now click on the More Menu and select export.
- This will start exporting your contacts. At the export contacts page, select the Google CSV format and press export.
- Now, you need to press save. You will need to save the exported contact file on your computer.
- Your contacts have been exported.
Now, you will need to import these contacts on your windows phone which can be done by following steps:
- Sign-In to your Windows Live account through a desktop computer.
- Now, on the main windows, press the drop down arrow next to Outlook and choose people.
- In People page, click on start import button and select import from “Google”.
- At import contacts from Google page, select browse and navigate to the location where you have saved the contact file in the above steps. Open that file and click on upload.
- Once you verify that contacts look correct, press the import button.
- Your contacts have been imported.
Now, you will need to sync that Windows account with your windows phone by following these steps:
- Add your Microsoft account to your windows phone. To do this, go to settings < add an account < Microsoft account < Type your user name and password < press sign in.
- Now, go to settings < emails + accounts.
- Tap and hold your fingers at your Microsoft account and you will see the sync option.
- Tap on sync and your contacts will start syncing with your device.
You have finally transferred your android contacts to your windows phone.
Last Updated on