The Windows Store in Windows 10 houses everything one could ask for. Ranging from the latest movies, TV shows and your favorite music albums to the most popular games and useful apps, one need not go anywhere to get all these things.
In order to download these items, you’ll have to first enter your credit card details so you can make a purchase. However, what many people find irritating is that after you have made a purchase on the Windows store your credit card details are stored there forever.
This is done in order to make your next or future purchases on the store easier and swifter but this has its cons too. Although every time you make a purchase, you will still be asked to enter your Microsoft account password, some people still don’t like the idea of their credit card details lingering around in their computer or any other server.
For all these people, we’ll today be teaching you how to remove credit card info from the Windows store in Windows 10. So let’s get to it.
Remove Credit Card Info From Windows Store In Windows 10
- The first you need to do is launch the Store by clicking on it from the Taskbar or typing in the search bar.
- Now look next to the search box in the store window. That will be your user icon. Click on it and the select “Payment options”.
- This will open the payment options page. Note that you might have to enter your Microsoft account password.
- You will then see the last 4 digits of your card along with other details such as name on the card, billing address, expiry date etc. There will also be the options to edit the card info, add another payment option and Remove the card info. You know which one to click on.
- You will then be taken to a confirmation page. On this page, click on the “Yes, remove” button if you’ve decided.
- You will then see a success message on your screen.
Note that the card info is saved in your Microsoft account and not your computer. So you’ve just removed your credit card info from your Microsoft account and all the devices it was signed in with on.
We hope you didn’t face any troubles with the above procedure. Do leave any queries in the comments section below and stay tuned for more Windows 10 related tutorials.
Last Updated on