PayPal is undoubtedly the most popular and widely used service used for business transactions. Now, a lot of users prefers PayPal due to the fact that it is quite secure and at the same time, is quite easy to use. Well, if you are someone who is using PayPal or almost any Payment Service out there for that matter. You should definitely take measures to ensure security while you sign up or log in to your account. Just keeping some precautions along with knowing the right way ensures that you and your money is always secured.
There is actually a lot of Paypal scams out there which can be avoided by just following a few simple steps. Anyways, today, in this post, we would be emphasizing on the Security of PayPal Login: How to Sign up and Sign in securely. Now if that sounds interesting, let us actually hop right into it. Should we?
How to Sign Up on PayPal Securely
Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to sign up securely on PayPal:
- First of all, make sure that you are using a secured Internet Connection. By secured here, we mean that you should not be using any untrusted Wi-Fi or Open Network sources in order to login or sign up on PayPal.
- Go to the official website of PayPal, which is https://www.paypal.com and click on the Sign-Up button which can be found on the top right corner of the navigation bar.
- In the next step, you need to select the type of Account which you wanna create:
- Personal Account – Pay for your shopping locally and overseas.
- Business Account – Start accepting payments locally and overseas.
- Once done, on the next screen you need to fill in the correct details like your Email, and a Password. Make sure that your Password is not easy to guess and is a combination of characters.
- Now, click on the Next button and fill in the correct details like your Name, Mobile Number, Address, City and More.
- Once you have filled in all the details, just click on the Complete Sign Up button.
- Now, you’ll receive a Confirmation Email on your registered email address. Just click on the Verify Account button in order to complete the signup process. Also, make sure that the email is from Paypal only.
- If you have opted-in for a Business Account, then you need to follow a few additional steps for confirming your identity and verify your bank account.
That’s it! You have successfully signed up securely on PayPal. Let us now take a look at how to login to your PayPal Account Securely. Should we?
How to Sign in to PayPal Securely
Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to sign in securely on PayPal:
- First of all, make sure that you are using a secured Internet Connection. Again, by secured, we mean that you should not be using any untrusted Wi-Fi or Open Network sources in order to login or sign in to your PayPal Account.
- Now, click on the blue login button on the website.
- Enter your Username and Password correctly. (Make sure that you have scanned your PC/ Device with an AntiMalware Software to make sure that there is no keylogger or trojan installed).
- PayPal might ask for an OTP or One Time Password. If it does, then make sure that you enter it correctly in order to log in to your PayPal Account.
- We will also recommend you set up a Two-Tier Authentication for your Account which adds a layer of protection. Basically, if you set up an Authentication, it will add another step to the login which will ask for an Authentication code (which changes automatically after 30 seconds).
That’s it! You have successfully logged in to your PayPal Account Securely. Now, does that mean that you are safe from all the PayPal Scams and exploits out there? Well, not really. Let us now take a look at some of the things which you can do to make sure that you don’t get scammed.
Tips for Enhanced Security
Here are some of the bonus tips to keep your PayPal Account Secured:
Secure your Devices
You should make sure that the device which you are using PayPal on is secured. Does not matter if it’s a Windows PC, Mac or your Android Device. Do run regular scans in order to make sure that there are no malware, keyloggers or virus installed on your machine. It is crucial since the worst mistake that you can do is log in to your PayPal account on a PC which is a victim of a keylogger.
Also, we won’t really suggest you use someone else device’s in order to use your PayPal account. Especially if the person is either a stranger or someone you can’t trust.
Use a Strong Password
The last mistake that you can do is have your name or a word which is easy to guess as to your Password. You should make sure that your password:
- At least 8 characters.
- A combination of both Uppercase and Lowercase letters.
- Contain a special character like @, #, $, % etc.
- Is not your name or an easy to guess dictionary word.
Also, you should be changing your password from time to time in order to make sure that your PayPal account is secure.
Don’t click on Spammy mails
You should never click on these spammy emails which pretend to be officially from PayPal. Make sure that you check the mail address before opening the email. PayPal never asks for information like these over email:
- Your full name
- Email addresses
- Username and Passwords
- Credit and debit card numbers
- Bank account numbers
It is important to know that there are a whole bunch of scammers out there which uses emails as their Strategy. Make sure that you don’t get trapped.
So that’s it guys, this was our take on PayPal Login: How to Sign up and Sign in securely. We hope that this post helped you in keeping your PayPal account secure.