Is your Windows Phone running out of storage space? You might have filled it up with apps, music, games, photos and much more. However, if your Windows Phone offers support for a SD card then you are lucky enough. You can move things quite easily from your phone’s internal storage memory to your SD card with just a few taps. While you are freeing up your device’s internal storage memory, you can even set it up in order to automatically store new videos, photos, music, apps, downloads and podcasts either in your SD card or phone’s internal memory.
Move apps or games to an SD card in Windows Phone 8.1
Below we have mentioned the instructions for Windows Phone 8.1 devices that functions regardless of your phone manufacturer.
- Simply go to the application list in your Windows Phone 8.1
- Now scroll down to Storage Sense and open it
- Then tap the phone
- Now you have to choose a category from apps, podcasts, videos, music and photos
- Choose a particular app
- Then simply tap on the “move to SD card” option
- After following all the steps mentioned above, your app will be moved from your phone’s internal storage memory to your SD card
Alternatively, you can also tap the select option in the apps+ games page to move things easily and quickly from your phone’s internal memory to your SD card. This will enable the user to choose more than one game or app simultaneously and move them to the SD card. This method is quite easy that saves your time as well as efforts.
Automatically install apps, games and much more to the SD card
Above we have mentioned several steps for moving games and apps from phone’s internal memory to the SD card but can we make the upcoming games and apps automatically store in the SD card? Yes for sure. You can simply do it by making use of Storage Sense on your Windows Phone 8.1. Below are the steps for doing this.
- Simply go the application list on your Windows Phone 8.1
- Now scroll down to Storage Sense and tap to open it
- You will witness four broad categories on the bottom of the page namely downloads, photos, media and apps
- Now simply choose and tap on a category you want to change and then choose the SD card option
By following the steps mentioned above you will be able to change the default storage of your apps from phone’s internal storage to SD card. This will save you from of hassles of managing your apps when you install new ones. Storage Sense is a boon for Windows Phone 8.1. You can also do a lot more things using Storage Sense like uninstalling multiple games or apps simultaneously.
Last Updated on