Microsoft has released yet another update for the Release Preview Insiders to play with. On the PC this brings the Preview build to 14393.222; on Windows 10 Mobile it’s one less at 14393.221.
The cumulative update comes as KB3194496 and brings a whole lot of fixes with it.
Here’s the full list of everything that’s changed:
- Fixed an issue which caused failure while mapping a drive from an elevated command prompt with correct administrator credentials.
- Improved reliability for the Windows Update Agent, shared drives, virtual private network connectivity, clustering, HTTP downloads, Internet Explorer 11, Hyper-V platform, multimedia playback and Edge. The whole lot.
- Improved performance and reliability for local and push notifications from applications, the web, and some social media websites using Microsoft Edge.
- Addressed additional issues with multimedia, Windows kernel, Windows shell, enterprise security, storage file system, Remote Desktop, core platform, Hyper-V platform, Windows Update for Business, display kernel, near field communication (NFC), input and composition, Bluetooth, Microsoft Lync 2010 compatibility, Windows Storage API, app registration, Trusted Platform Module, Group Policy, Internet Explorer 11, virtual private network (VPN), BitLocker, wireless networking, datacenter networking, Cortana, PowerShell, Active Directory, connection manager and data usage, Microsoft Edge, Windows Recovery Environment, file clustering, Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps, audio playback settings, DShow Bridge, app compatibility, licensing, cloud infrastructure, domain name system (DNS) server, network controller, USB barcode reader, and Adobe Flash Player.
- Addressed issue causing the Movies & TV app on the Xbox to stop working when attempting to play content that was just purchased from the Store.
- Movies ripped using the transport stream (.ts) format will now play audio correctly in Windows Media Player and Xbox One Media Player app.
- Addressed issue causing unnecessary notifications about fixing Microsoft account in Windows 10 Mobile.
- Addressed issue causing “Print all linked documents” to not work in Internet Explorer 11.
- Added new entries to the Access Point Names (APN) settings database for better network support.
- Fixed an issue preventing users from setting a new default download location in Windows 10 Mobile.
- Improved the reliability of downloading games (like Forza Horizon 3) and game updates from the Windows Store on Windows 10 for PC.
That’s a whole lot of bug fixes and reliability updates. No new features to gaze upon in this build, though.
Last Updated on