Alright, so are you someone who uses your Windows Laptop for Skype Video Calls? Or maybe you are a streamer. Well, whatever the case might be, the thing is that if you are someone who uses the webcam of your Windows PC for any matter, then the chances are that you are up of the bad quality video and wants to improve the same somehow before spending much on a dedicated web camera. Well, have you ever thought of using the Camera of your Android Device as your webcam? Surely, it might sound like a dream now to some of you, but Yes, it is definitely possible.
And today, in this post, we would actually be covering on the same. We would be guiding you on How to Use an Android Phone as a Webcam in Windows 10. So it’s time to say goodbye to those blurry Videos via that webcam of your Windows PC. It is time to do some quality Video Calls. Now if that sounds interesting, let us hop into it. Should we?
How to Use an Android Phone as a Webcam in Windows 10
We have divided this guide into 3 simple steps. Now, do make sure that you do not skip on any of the steps in order to Use an Android Phone as a Webcam in Windows 10 properly. With that being said, let us now take a look at the first step.
Step 1: Downloading and installing the DroidCam Wireless Webcam App on Android
In this step, we will be downloading and installing the DroidCam Wireless Webcam app on our Android Device. Here’s how you can do so:
- First of all, you need to go to the Google Play Store on your Android Device.
- Now, search for DroidCam Wireless Webcam and tap on the one from Dev47 Apps.
- Here, tap on the Install button in order to install the app on your Android Device.
- Wait for the installation process to get completed.
- Once the process has been completed, you can go to Step 2.
Let us now take a look at the second step of this guide. Should we?
Step 2: Downloading and installing the DroidCam Client on Windows
In this step, we would be downloading and installing the DroidCam client on our Windows PC. Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to do so:
- First of all, you need to go to any browser like Google Chrome on your PC.
- Now, you need to visit this link on your browser: DroidCam Windows Client.
- Here, click on the Client V6 button (as of writing this guide) to download the client on your Windows PC.
- Once downloaded, extract the contents of the DroidCam_Client_6.0.zip on your PC using any Zip compression utility software like WinRAR.
- Now, double-click on the DroidCam.Client.6.0.exe setup files and install the client on your Windows PC.
- Once the client has been installed, you can move on to the next step.
Let us now take a look at the final step of this guide. Should we?
Step 3: Configuring DroidCam Wireless Webcam App
In this step, we would be configuring the DroidCam Wireless Webcam App. Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to do so:
- First of all, you need to make sure that you have followed the above steps carefully.
- Now, you need to open the DroidCam Wireless Webcam App on your Android Device.
- Simply tap on the Next button and here, you should find the IP address and the port used by the app.
- Now, on your Windows PC, start the DroidCam Client you installed earlier and put in the details you got in the app on your Android Device.
- Once done, simply click on the Start button.
- Voila! You have done a great job Major!
Now, you can use the camera on your Android Phone as a Webcam in Windows 10. We hope that this guide helped you in improving the quality of webcam on your Windows PC. Let us know what do you guys think about it in the comments section down below.