Alright, so it looks like that you are someone who has a PlayStation 3 Controller which you wanna use with your Windows 10 PC. Maybe your PlayStation is no longer working, or maybe you just got a new Windows 10 PC on which you wanna play games with the PS3 Controllers. Whatever the case might be, the thing is that you have a PlayStation 3 controller and you want to connect the same to your Windows 10 PC.
Well, you are not the only one who wants to. There are actually a lot of people out there looking for a way to do the same. That’s the reason why we got so many requests for a guide on it. So, here we are with our take on How to use a PlayStation 3 controller with Windows 10. Now, if that sounds interesting, let us top into it. Should we?
How to use a PlayStation 3 controller with Windows 10
Well, here are our 2 methods which you can use to use a PlayStation 3 Controller with your Windows 10 PC. You can use any of the below methods according to your preferences. With that being said, let us now take a look at the first method. Should we?
Method 1: Using Motioninjoy
In this method, we would be using the Motioninjoy to use the PlayStation 3 remote on our Windows 10 PC. Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to do so:
- First of all, you need to download the MotionInjoy drivers on your Windows PC. You can do by visiting this link.
- Once you have downloaded the drivers from above, you need to install the same on your Windows 10 PC.
- After that, you need to disable the driver signature enforcement on your Windows 10 PC. To do this go to the Start Menu, search for Settings and open the same.
- Now, click on the Update and Recovery option.
- Here, click on the Recovery option from the left pane.
- Now, select the Advanced Startup option which is under the Recovery section.
- Your Windows 10 PC will now restart into the Advanced Settings Window.
- Here, click on the Troubleshoot option.
- Now, go to the Advanced options.
- Here click on the Startup settings option.
- Now, your Windows 10 PC will restart once again.
- You should now get a list of Startup Settings, look for the Disable driver signature enforcement option here.
- Turn off the Disable driver signature enforcement option by pressing the F7 key.
- Now, restart your Windows 10 PC.
- Connect your PlayStation 3 Controller to your PC.
- Now, launch the Motionjoy driver tool on your Windows 10 PC. You can do so by double-clicking on a new desktop icon called DS3_tool.
- Here, you need to click on the Load Driver button which can be found on the left.
- You will now receive a warning saying that it is not a verified publisher. But you need not to worry, simply ignore the warning by clicking on the Install the driver software anyway button.
- Wait for the process to get completed.
- Once done, you should receive a success message on the screen.
- That’s it! Now, start any Game on your Windows 10 PC and use the PlayStation 3 Controller, it should work just fine.
Let us now take a look at our next method which can be used to Use PlayStation 3 Controller in Windows 10. Should we?
Method 2: Using Bluetooth Dongle
In this method, we would use a Bluetooth Dongle to use the PlayStation 3 Controller on our Windows 10 PC. Here are the right steps which you need to follow in order to do so:
- First of all, you need to make sure that you have the latest Xbox 360 drivers installed on your Windows 10 PC. In case if you haven’t already, then you can do so by going here.
- Once done, plug in the PlayStation 3 Controller to your Windows 10 PC.
- Now, plug in the Bluetooth Dongle as well but make sure that your PC has the drivers installed for the same.
- You now need to download the XInput Wrapper drivers on your Windows 10 PC from here.
- Once downloaded, extract the drivers on your desktop using any Zip Compression Utility Software like WinRAR.
- Now, run the ScpDriver.exe file which can be found inside the ScpServerbin folder on your Windows 10 PC.
- Install the drivers on your machine by following the on screen instructions.
- Once installed, restart your Windows 10 PC.
- That’s it! You should now be able to use your PlayStation 3 Controller on Windows 10 PC.
So that’s it guys, this was our take on How to use a PlayStation 3 controller with Windows 10. We hope that you found this guide useful. Just in case, if you still have some queries, then feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.
Last Updated on