How to take a Screenshot on any Windows Phone: Every once in a while, we come across interesting pictures, texts as well as notifications on our smart phones which makes us want to take a screenshot of it so that we can pass it on among our friends, colleagues as well as relatives. Also, there may be situations when something amazing unexpectedly shows up on your device’s screen. Smart phones these days are loaded with good quality rear as well as front cameras.
Windows powered phones are no less than other high end phones that we use these days and it also offers equal opportunity for its users to take screenshots of the content present on their phones. So without wasting much time, let us take a look at how to take a screenshot on any Windows powered smart phone.
Taking screenshots using Windows phone
- First and foremost, it is very important to determine the version of Lumia Windows phone that is installed on your device. This can be done by going to Settings> Extras + Info:
- If the phone version installed on your Lumia Windows device is Lumia black and Amber, here is what you need to do in order to take screenshots:
- Press and hold Power and Start keys at the same time. The Start key is located at the bottom of your Windows phone.
- On the other hand, if the phone version installed on your Lumia Windows device is Lumia Cyan and Denim, here is what you need to do in order to take a screenshot on your Windows device:
- Press as well as hold the Power and Volume up key at the same time.
- If you follow the instructions correctly in both the above cases, then you will hear an audible shutter sound which resembles the shutter sound of your Windows phone’s camera along with a flash on your device’s screen.
- All the screenshots captured on your Windows powered smart phone will be automatically saved in the Albums/ Screenshots folder and you can access these via Photos Hub.
Taking screenshots on Windows 8 and 8.1 powered smart phones
Meanwhile, the process of taking screenshots on smart phones powered by Windows 8 operating system is pretty simple. All you need to do is Press as well as hold the Start and Power keys at the same time. These pictures will also be saved in the Albums/ Screenshots folder by default and can be accessed through Photos Hub.
However, users of smart phones powered by Windows 7 as well as Windows 7.5 operating systems do not have the freedom to take screenshots without unlocking their smart phones with the help of developer tools.
Windows powered smart phones are known to be one of the simplest and most used phones in the telecom market. Their pocket- friendly prices as well as ease of use make them a favourite brand among mobile users.
So all you need to do is determine the version of your Lumia Windows smart phone and you can start taking screenshots with utmost ease.
Last Updated on