Alright, so it looks like that you are someone who wants to install Windows 10 on your Second Hard Drive. Well, you might want to help your friend out who got a new hard disk but does not have access to a PC to install Windows. Anyways, whatever the case might be, the thing is that you want to install Windows 10 on a second drive and you want to do it quick and easy.
Well, you are on the right page. Today, in this post, we would be covering on How to install Windows 10 on a second drive. Do note that you will need a bootable USB for this guide. With that being said, let us take a look at how we can install Windows 10 on a second drive. Should we?
How to install Windows 10 on a second drive
We have divided this post into steps in order to make things easier for you guys to follow along with our guide. With that being said, let us now take a look at the first step. Should we?
Step 1: Downloading Windows ISO Files
The first step which you need to follow in order to install Windows 10 on a second drive is to download Windows ISO Files. Here are the steps:
- First of all, you need to go to the official website of Microsoft.
- From here, we would recommend you purchase the latest version of Windows 10 or simply download it from here.
- Once you have selected the Windows version, you want to download, simply click on the Download button.
- Wait for the downloading process to get completed.
- Once done, go to the Step 2.
Step 2: Create a bootable USB
In this step, we would be creating a bootable USB Drive for the Windows ISO we just downloaded on our PC. Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to do so:
- First of all, you need to download a Bootable USB Creation tool. We will recommend you use Rufus for creating the bootable USB.
- Once you have downloaded and installed the Rufus on your Windows PC, you need to open it.
- Now, insert your USB and select the same in the tool under the device.
- Click on the Select button, browse and select the Windows ISO file you just downloaded.
- Now, you need to set the file system to FAT32.
- Once done, simply click on the Start button and wait for the process to get completed.
- After the process completes, you need to go to the step 3.
Step 3: Install Windows on a Second Drive
In this step, we would actually install our copy of Windows on a Second Drive. Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to do so:
- Insert the second drive on your PC.
- Restart your PC, while it’s restarting, you need to press the boot key. (ESC, F1, F2, F8 or F10)
- Now, select the Boot from USB option.
- This will take you to the Windows Setup.
- Here, you simply need to click on the Install Now button.
- When you get a prompt to select Windows Upgrade or Custom install, choose the Custom install option.
- Here, simply select the second drive that is inserted in your PC.
- Proceed with the installation by clicking on the Next button.
- Wait for the installation process to get completed. Do note that your System might restart multiple times during the process.
- Once the process has been completed, you are all set as you have successfully installed Windows on a second drive. Easy, No?
So that’s it guys, this was our take on How to install Windows 10 on a second drive. We hope that you found this post useful. Just in case if you have stuck somewhere between the steps or had any questions related to the topic, then feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.