How to Get Windows 7/8 Icons In Windows 10: The Windows icons for folders, Computer, Control Panel etc hasn’t changed since Windows Vista was introduced. But as the technical preview of the Windows 10 was released to public, we noticed that Microsoft has now changed the icons to a much more flatter as well as modern look.
Not many people are accustomed with changes. Some people liked the new icon set and some preferred the older one. There is no official way provided by Microsoft by which we can change the icons or the theme.
But this is where we come in.
It is a good thing that a vast number of people develop apps and tools for Windows and many of these tools and tweaks are used to do things that you cannot do in your Windows installation by default.
In this post I will tell you how to change the modern UI icons in Windows 10 and roll back to the icons you are used to in Windows 7, 8 and 8.1.
Without any further ado, lets start.
How to Get Windows 7/8 Icons In Windows 10
The procedure is as easy as just downloading the tool and clicking a button. But first giving the creator of this tool the credits that he deserves is necessary.
Damian666 who is a member of MCL forums made this tool which is very easy to use and you do not need to use any useless commands in order to change the icons and it is just a matter of a few clicks.
All the icons except the the Save as and Open dialog boxes icons will be changed after using this tool. This is nothing but a minor inconvenience.
- First manually create a system restore point so that you can be safe and you would be able to restore the changed icon pack.
- Now head over to this page and download the RAR archive and this archive contains the icon pack along with the program and the patch.
- Extract the RAR archive and you can use a program named WinRAR in order to extract this archive.
- Now run the program as administrator by right clicking on it and choose Run as administrator.
- Now just click the Patch button and the program will patch all the icons with the icons that you had in Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1.
- This will complete the changing of icons and you will be able to see the changed icons after you reboot your PC.
So this was a small process where we told you How to Get Windows 7/8 Icons In Windows 10. Comment below if you have any questions.