Alright, so it looks like that you are someone who plays a lot of games on your Windows 10 PC. Well, if you are a Gamer or a game addict, then the chances are that you are very well aware of the Steam and a lot of you might be using it too. Now, for those of you who don’t already know, Steam is an online multi-player platform which is being developed by the Valve Corporation. Steam is widely used in order to distribute medias and games.
Now, there are times when things do not go too well when using Steam on a Windows 10 PC. A lot of users recently reported that Steam is not opening on their Windows 10 PC. It looks like you are also one of them. Anyways, today, in this post, we would be covering on How to Fix Steam Not Opening in Windows 10. So without any further we do, let us jump right into it.
How to Fix Steam Not Opening in Windows 10
Here are some of our solutions which you can use to fix Steam Not Opening in Windows 10. With that being clear, that being said, let us take a look at our first solution. Should we?
Solution 1: Restart Steam
In this solution, we would be ending the running steam and would be restarting it on our Windows PC to see if that helps. Here are the right steps using which you can do so:
- First of all, you need to press the Alt + Ctrl + Del keys altogether on your keyboard in order to bring up the Task Manager Window.
- Here, you need to find and select the Steam Client Bootstrapper under the Processes.
- Now, once you have selected the Steam process, click on the End Task button in order to stop or end the Steam Process.
- Once that’s done, simply start the Steam again on your Windows PC. It should work fine now.
Does the Steam Not Opening issue still persists? Well, let us try our next solution. Should we?
Solution 2: By Clearing Cache
In this solution, we would be clearing the Cache of the Steam on our Windows 10 PC in order to check if that works. Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to clear the cache of the Steam on your Windows 10 PC:
- First of all, you need to press the Windows + R keys altogether in order to start the Run Command Window.
- Now, you need to type in steam://flushconfig and hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Once you have done that, you need to open the Steam on your Windows 10 PC.
- Now, you need to select the Downloads option from the left pane and then click on the Clear Download Cache button.
- Click on the OK button to confirm clearing Cache.
- That’s it, now Restart your Windows 10 PC and then start the Steam again on your Windows 10 PC.
Let us now take a look at our last solution to fix Steam Not Working on Windows 10 PC. Should we?
Solution 3: By re-installing Steam
Our last solution to fix the Steam not working on Windows 10 would be to re-install the Steam on Windows PC. Don’t worry, you will not lose all your games and data. Here are the right steps which you need to follow:
- First of all, you need to open the File Explorer on your Windows 10 PC.
- Now, navigate to the Steam Folder.
- Here, select the steamapps folder and copy it to another location on your Windows 10 PC.
- Once done, simply uninstall the Steam from your PC.
- Now, you need to install Steam again on your Windows 10 PC.
- Once done, replace the new steamapps folder with the one you copied earlier.
- Open the Steam on your Windows 10 PC. It should work now without any issues.
So that’s it guys, this was our take on How to Fix Steam Not Opening in Windows 10. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Just in case, if you have stuck somewhere between the steps or had any questions related to the topic. Then, feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.
Last Updated on