Alright, so it looks like that you are someone who likes playing Fortnite on your Windows 10 PC. Well, Fortnite is a great game which has some of the best graphics and controls. For those of you who don’t already know, Fortnite is a battleground game like PUBG and a lot of people love playing this game. Unfortunately, a lot of people are facing some crashing issues with the Fortnite on their Windows 10 PC lately and are looking for a solution to get rid of this annoying rashing issue.
Well, since you are here on this page, the chances are that you are also facing such an issue on your Windows 10 PC. No more! Since we are here to help you out. Today, in this post, we would be covering several methods which can be used to fix Fortnite Crash issues on your Windows 10 PC. Now, if that sounds interesting, let us hop right into it. Should we?
How to fix Fortnite Crash Issues on Windows 10 PC
We have listed some of the fixes which you can try in order to fix Fortnite Crash issues on your Windows 10 PC:
Method 1: Update Fortnite
The first thing which you should try in order to get rid of the annoying Fortnite Crashing issue on your Windows 10 PC is to try updating the Fortnite. Why? Well, the development team behind the popular game, Fortnite rolls out a lot of security patches, fixes and other enhancements every month. You should always keep your Fortnite game up to date.
Updating your Fortnite game is not rocket science either, in fact, it’s a fairly simple and easy task to perform. All you really need to do is to simply go to the Settings of your Fortnite Game and click on Check for Updates button. If you find an available update, download and install the same on your Windows PC. If the Crash issue still persists, you can always try the next method to fix the Fortnite Crash Issue.
Method 2: Check the Graphics Settings of Fortnite
In this method, we would try to play around with the Fortnite settings and will lower it down to see if that helps with the Fortnite crashing issue on Windows 10 PC. Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to do so:
- First of all, you need to start the Fortnite Game on your Windows 10 PC.
- Now, you need to go to the Game Settings. You can do so by going to the lobby and then clicking on the Hamburger or three lines icon and clicking on the cog symbol.
- Here, you need to go to the Video tab.
- Now, simply lower the settings for all the available options. We would highly recommend you lower the shadows and turn off the Motion Blur.
- Once you have set everything to low, simply click on Apply to save the changes and Restart the game.
This should fix the Fortnite Crashing issue on your Windows 10 PC. In case if you are still facing the issue, then you can always take a look at our next method.
Method 3: Change your TDR Settings
In this method, we would be changing the TDR settings of our Windows 10 PC. Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to do so:
- First of all, you need to press the Windows + R key on your keyboard.
- Now, type in regedit and hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- In the Registry Editor Window, go to the following location:
- Now, right-click anywhere and click on New > QWORD (64-bit) Value.
- Name this Value as TdrLevel and set the data to 0.
- Click on OK and restart your Windows 10 PC.
Start the Fortnite Game on your Windows 10 PC and see if the error still persists. With that being said, let us now take a look at our next Method. Should we?
Method 4: Update your Graphics Driver
In this method, we will update the Graphics Drivers on our Windows 10 PC to see if that fixes the Fortnite Crash Issue. Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to update your Graphics Card Drivers:
- First of all, you need to click on the start menu of your Desktop.
- Now, you need to type in Device Manager in the search bar and click on the app which says the Device Manager.
- Here, under Display Adapters, right-click on your graphics card and select Update Driver option from the context menu.
- On the next screen, select the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
- Wait till the Windows find and install the latest version of Graphics drivers on your Windows 10 PC.
- Once done, restart your Windows PC and see if the Fortnite Crash Error is fixed or not.
Does the Fortnite Crash issue still persist on your Windows PC? Well, let us now take a look at our last method which might fix the Fortnite Crash Issue on your Windows 10 PC.
Method 5: Reinstall BattleEye
There are times when the BattleEye which is actually a part of the Fortnite Game causes these issues. Here are the steps which you can follow in order to reinstall BattleEye:
- First of all, you need to open the File Explorer on your Windows 10 PC.
- Now, browse to the \Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\BattleEye directory on your Windows 10 PC.
- Here, double click on the Uninstall_BattlEye.bat to uninstall BattleEye from your PC.
- Now, simply restart your Windows 10 PC.
- Again, go to the same directory and double click on the Install_BattlEye.bat file.
- Start the Fortnite game on your Windows 10 PC to see if the crashing issue is gone.
So, guys, this was our take on How to fix Fortnite Crash Issues on Windows 10 PC. We hope that you found this post useful. Let us know what worked for you in the comments section down below.