Alright, so it looks like that you are a Video Creator who wants to edit your videos on your Windows PC. Well, there are a lot of Video Editors out there on the Internet which you can use to edit your Videos. But why not use the tool which is built into your Windows PC? Well, if you didn’t already get it, Yes, we are talking about the Windows Movie Maker which is completely free to use on any Windows PC. A lot of people tends to get attracted towards third party Video Editing Softwares. There are a lot of reasons behind the same, one of the major reason being more features and a better user interface.
Though it is true that there is a lot of great third party Alternative of the Windows Movie Maker. But that does not mean that one cannot use Windows Movie Maker to edit the Videos. Today, in this post, we would be covering on How to edit movie or video in Windows Movie Maker. Now if that sounds interesting, let us hop into it. Should we?
How to edit Movie or Video in Windows Movie Maker
Here is our step by step guide on How to edit Movie or Video in Windows Movie Maker. So what are you even waiting for? Simply follow up with the below guide and get ready to produce an awesome video.
Step 1: Add Videos and Photos
The first step when it comes to editing videos in Windows Movie Maker, you need to make sure that you have the raw files. By raw files, we mean the videos and photos which you want to be in your video. Yes, you can include an image in your Video with the help of Windows Movie Maker. How cool is that, No? Now, in order to import Videos and Photos to your project, you need to follow these steps carefully:
- First of all, you need to open the Windows Movie Maker on your Windows PC.
- Now, you need to click on the Add Videos or Photos button which can be found at the top.
- Here, simply select the files which you want to include in your Video and click on the OK button in order to import them to your project.
Once you have imported the required clips and photos to the Windows Movie Maker, the next step is to snip the clips.
Step 2: Snipping the Clips
Snipping the clips simply means arranging the clips and removing any part which is no longer needed in the final output. Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to snip the clips:
- First of all, you need to select the clips which you want to edit.
- Now, simply drag sliders to the starting point and the other one to the endpoint.
- That’s it! You have successfully snipped the clips. Pretty easy, No?
Let us now take a look at our next step which is all about adding transitions and effects.
Step 3: Adding Transitions and Effects
The last thing which you wanna do is not adding any transition effects to the end of the clips. Anyways, here are the steps which you need to follow in order to add transitions and effects to the video. Should we?
- First of all, you need to select the video clip timestamp where you want to add the transition effect.
- Now, select the Animations tab from the top and select the transition effect which you want to apply.
- To add effects, select the Video clip and go to Visual Effects and choose the effect which you want to add.
- That’s it! You have successfully completed Step 3.
Step 4: Mute the Video Sound
There are a lot of times when we don’t need the audio, but just the Video. Well, with the Windows Movie Maker, the users can easily mute the sound of the video file. Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to do so:
- Select the Video(s) in the projects.
- Now, click on the Edit tab from the top and click on Video Volume option.
- Simply select the volume of the video sound which you want to keep in the project.
Now, a video without sound is not interesting to watch at all. Right? Well, in the next step, we will be adding sound to our Video.
Step 5: Adding Music to the Video
Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to add music to your Video:
- Click on the Options tab from the top menu.
- Now, click on the Add Music option.
- Select the track which you want to add to your Video.
- Now, simply make the adjustments and you should be good to go.
Step 6: Insert Titles
Did you miss something that your audience should know about in the video? Well, you can explain it with the text. Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to add text to your video file:
- First of all, you need to click on the Title option under the Home tab on the top menu.
- Now, simply edit the text, font and other style options.
- Place the text in the Video and select the timestamp.
- That’s it! You have successfully added text to your video.
Step 7: Save your Video
Once you have done all the edits, you need to save and export the video file on your PC:
- First of all, you need to click on the File >> Save Movie option.
- Select the location where you want your video to be saved.
- That’s it! You have successfully edited Video in Windows Movie Maker.
So, guys, this was our post on How to edit Movie or Video in Windows Movie Maker. We hope that you found this guide useful. Just in case if you have any queries, then feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.