People who have been using Windows know that there are a large number of different fonts already available to Windows users which are already pre-installed for use. These fonts come in different forms and style which is a good thing to have if you have to work with a number of different fonts. But if you are still not satisfied with the default fonts and want to download more and try something new, then it is possible as well.
There are many fonts which can be downloaded and it is not at all troublesome to download and install these on your Windows 10 PC at all. It is barely time consuming and can be done in just a few minutes unless you are choosy and require time to decide which font you need. You can easily download fonts and have fun with them, use them according to your preference and for various occasions. Just follow the steps given below to be able to download and also manage fonts for your Windows 10.
Download & Install new fonts on Windows 10
- Go to your preferred site (fontface.com or 1001fonts.com) and download the specific fonts that you want to use. Once you’ve selected the font and it has been downloaded on your windows 10, find the file of the font and right click on it.
- A popup box will appear, choose the third option that says ‘install’. It will be installed in a few seconds.
- The other way which you can use is you can simply double-click on the font file and to add this new font just click on the install option that will be visible.
- You can use them for different kinds of projects to make them prettier and more presentable or to anything else you want to.
If you installed some fonts that are no longer required by you or if you are bored of the fonts and you want to get rid of them, the deleting of fonts is as easy as the installation was so let’s begin!
- Step 1 – Find the font control panel. To access the font control panel of your Windows 10, first, click in the new search field that is a part of the windows 10. It can be found on the right side of the Start button. Here, type ‘fonts’. The option that comes at the top of this search result of yours, click on it. It will be Fonts – Control panel.
- Step 2 – You will be able to see a list of all those fonts that you have installed in your windows 10. To remove a font you just have to right click on that specific font and a popup box will appear. The fifth option is ‘Delete’ so click on it. A confirmation dialogue box will pop up so click on the yes option. The font will be deleted.
- Step 3 – If you want to delete all the fonts together from your system then you can press ctrl + A and all the fonts will be selected. Right click on any of the fonts and repeat the procedure to delete as shown in step 2. Extremely easy, right?
How to manage fonts?
- Step 1 – To manage your fonts you have to go to the Font control panel. To access the font control panel of your Windows 10, first, click in the new search field that is a part of the windows 10. It can be found on the right side of the Start button. Here, type ‘fonts’. The option that comes at the top of this search result of yours, click on it. It will be: Fonts – Control panel as shown earlier.
- Step 2 – You have the option to either preview, delete or hide fonts. You can hide any of the fonts using the hide option from your installed programs.
That is all you need to know to be able to download as well as manage your fonts in the windows 10. This is actually one of the best customization options that Windows 10 has to provide. You can go ahead and install any kind of font you want – more power to you!
Last Updated on