Alright, so it looks like that you are someone who wants to disable the keyboard on your Windows 10 PC. Well, there can be a lot of reasons behind why you wanna do that. One of the main reason being the malfunctioning of a keyboard. Now, though it may sound odd to a lot of users there are times when our keyboard does not perform the way we expect it to. This is the reason why would ever want to disable the keyboard. Well, whatever the case might be, the thing is that you want to disable the keyboard on your Windows 10 PC and you want to do it quick and easy.
This is exactly what we are going to cover today in this post. In this post, we would be covering on How to Disable a Laptop Keyboard Easily. Do note that this method will work on almost every version of Windows after the Windows 7 including windows 10. With that being said, let us hop right into it. Should we?
How to Disable a Laptop Keyboard Easily?
Here are some of the methods which we can use in order to disable a laptop keyboard on our Windows PC easily. You can use any of the methods listed below. All the methods work just fine as of writing this post. With that being clear, that being said, let us now take a look at the first method on the list. Should we?
Method 1: Disable Keyboard Using Group Policy Editor
In this method, we will be disabling the keyboard using the Group Policy Editor. Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to do the same.
- First of all, you need to press Windows + R keys altogether.
- Now, in the run command prompt, type in gpedit.msc and hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Here, you need to navigate to the Administrative Templates > System > Device Installation > Device Installation Restrictions.
- Now, right-click on the Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings, then click on the Edit button.
- On the next screen, select the Enabled and then apply the changes.
- Now, go to the Device Manager on your PC and expand Keyboards.
- Here, right-click on the Standard PS/2 Keyboard and select Uninstall device.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- When prompted, click on Yes.
- That’s it! Restart your Windows PC to save the changes and you are done.
Let us now take a look at our next method to disable the keyboard. Should we?
Method 2: Disable keyboard by Updating the Incorrect Driver
In this method, we will be updating the incorrect drivers for our keyboard. Since these drivers are not correct, our keyboard won’t work as it should be. Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to do so:
- First of all, you need to go to the Device Manager on your Windows PC.
- Now, you need to expand the Keyboards option and right-click on the Standard PS/2 Keyboard and then you need to click on the Update Driver button from the context menu.
- On the next screen, select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Now, click on Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
- Click on Show compatible hardware to uncheck it.
- Select any manufacturer (not the actual one of your keyboard) and click on the Next button.
- When prompted, select Yes.
- Wait for the process to get completed. Once done, simply close the installer and Restart your Windows PC.
- That’s it! You have successfully disabled your Windows Keyboard.
So, guys, this was our take on How to Disable a Laptop Keyboard Easily. We hope that you found this post useful. Just in case if you are stuck somewhere between the steps or have any questions related to the topic, then feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.