Alright, so it looks like that you are someone who plays a lot of games on your Windows PC. Well, we wonder if there is someone out there who does not like playing games on their PC. Anyways, if you are a gamer, then the chances are that you are already very well aware of the Steam. For the starters, we would like to tell you guys that the Steam is the best gaming platform out there on the Internet.
Gamers from all around the world are relying on Steam for their Gaming requirements. Now, one of the best things about the Steam is that your Game Data is being stored by the Steam on the Steam Cloud. Great! Isn’t it? But what if you wanna delete that save? Maybe you wanna start over again? Well, that’s exactly what this post is going to be all about. Today, in this post, we would be covering on How to delete Steam Cloud saves.
How to delete Steam Cloud saves
Before we get straight to How to delete Steam Cloud saves, let us actually take a look at the pre-requisites needed to delete Steam Cloud Saves. Should we?
Here are the things which you will need in order to delete Steam Cloud saves:
- You should have the latest version of Steam installed on your Windows PC.
- An Active Internet connection.
- Needless to say, you should have a Steam account with some data on the Steam Cloud.
Once you have the pre-requisites, you are all set to delete your Steam Cloud saves. So, let us now take a look at the steps using which you can do so. Should we?
Steps to delete your Steam Cloud saves
Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to delete your Steam Cloud saves:
- First of all, you need to open the Steam on your Windows PC.
- Here, you need to go to the store and search for the game for which you want to delete data of. In the top-left corner, you will see a number. Just copy this number and save it somewhere.
- Once done, you need to log out of your Steam Account.
- At this point, you need to disconnect your Windows PC from an active internet connection.
- Now, you need to navigate to your Steam folder (usually it can be found in C: > Program Files > Steam) and then go to userdata folder.
- In this folder, there should be another folder, and inside it, there should be your game data. Locate the folder named as the number you copied at step 2.
- Now, in the game folder, you will find a file and a folder. Just delete them.
- Once done, start the game on your Windows PC and click on the Stay in offline mode option when prompted.
- When your game Library appears, double-click on your game in order to start it. While it’s starting, it should throw an option saying New Game.
- Now, you need to close the game and steam on your Windows PC.
- Once done, you need to turn on your Internet Connection.
- Start the Steam on your PC.
- Double click on your game to open it.
- You will now get a pop-up window with two options: Cloud Files and Local Files.
- Here, you need to click on the Local Files option.
- That’s it wait till the game loads from the start and voila! You have successfully deleted your Steam Cloud saves.
So that’s it guys, this was our take on How to delete Steam Cloud saves. We hope that you found this post useful. Just in case if you have stuck somewhere between the steps or had any questions related to the topic, then feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.
Last Updated on