Alright, so it looks like that you are someone who browses and uses Internet a lot. Now, if you browse the internet on your Laptop or Computer late at night, then you know the challenge. In night, when lights are off, the bright screen of the device cause irritation to the eyes. Now, for the mobile, there are a huge number of applications and even the built-in Night Mode.
Well, if you haven’t noticed, almost every website and blog out there follows a bright color scheme, a lot of whites and blues. Now, that white background causes irritation at night. So, what can you do about it? Well, you can add dark mode to any website on your browser. Today, in this post, we would be covering on How to add Dark Mode to any website. Now if that sounds interesting, let’s top into it. Should we?
How to add Dark Mode to any website
Well, we would be using an extension to add Dark Mode to any website. The extension we are talking about here is Dark Reader. Now what does Dark Reader does? It changes the style of a website. This means that it plays around with the colors on a website. And as the name suggests the extension turns the light theme into a darker one allowing your read for long in the night.
And believe us, it’s even cool to see the darker versions of your favourite Websites at times. The Dark Reader is a completely free extension for Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari browsers. You can download and install this extension on your browser by clicking on the Download button below.
Now, once you have clicked on the above button, you are all set to add a dark mode to literally any website.
Steps to add Dark Mode to any website
Now, in order to add a dark mode to any website on your browser, you need to follow these steps carefully:
- First of all, you need to click on the above Download Dark Reader button.
- Now, on the website select your browser and add the extension to your Browser.
- Once the extension has been added successfully, you would be able to see in the top bar. (On the right).
- Click on the little owl icon for Dark Reader extension.
- You should now see a darker version of the website you are browsing on.
- Now, you can enjoy reading in dark without stressing your eyes.
- If you want to adjust the brightness, Contrast, Sepia, and Grayscale, then you can do so, all you need to do is a darker version of the website you are browsing on and adjust those things according to your needs and preferences.
Features of Dark Reader
Here are some of the main features of the Dark Reader extension for browsers:
- You can quickly turn the Dark reader mode on and off by pressing the
Alt+Shift+D keys together on your keyboard.
- Users can also play around with other things like Brightness, Contrast, Sepia and Greyscale.
- You can set Dark Reader for some specific websites only if you want to.
- Users can also select the fonts for better reading experience.
- and much more.
Dark Reader is a great extension for various Internet Browsers like Chrome, Safari and the Firefox Web Browser. It’s a great way of reducing stress when reading at night in dark on your PC. We did tested out this extension in office and we should say that it does work pretty well.
So, that’s it guys, this was our take on How to add Dark Mode to any website. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Just in case, if you have stuck somewhere between the steps or had any questions related to the topic. Then, feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.