Whether you’re using Windows, MacOS or any other operating system, it is very important to keep downloading the latest updates to make sure you get to use the best of the new features.
Therefore, it is very irritating when you’re trying to download the latest update but cannot do so.
Windows users over the globe have reported this error wherein they state that the Windows update download gets stuck at a percentage and stays there for eternity, no matter how fast or slow your internet connection is.
Fix Windows Update Stuck Downloading Updates In Windows 10
- Open the Command Prompt (Admin) Window by right clicking the Windows icon on the taskbar.
- Type in the following commands, each followed by a press of the Enter button on your keyboard:
net stop wuauserv
net stop bits
Doing this will stop the system from downloading the current update.
- Next proceed to the folder C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and delete all the files present in the folder. If the system displays the files in use, restart the system and repeat the procedure starting from launching the command prompt window.
- One done, open the command window again and type in the following commands, each followed by an enter:
net start wuauserv
net start bits
This will restart your download.
- Run Windows Update to make sure the method has worked. Not only that, a restart will also be scheduled once the update has finished downloading and has installed.
So this was our tutorial on how to fix the Windows Update Stuck Downloading Updates In Windows 10. Did this method work for you? Let us know by leaving a response below.
Last Updated on