Is Settings icon missing in the Start Menu of your Windows 10 PC? No problem, in this tutorial, you will find out how to restore it back to Start menu.
Windows 10 is the latest version of Windows which is released by Microsoft. This new operating system comes with lots of new features and apps like dark mode, Cortana integration as well as new default browser i.e. Microsoft Edge. Windows 10 has completely refined user interface which is also liked by users.
One of the biggest change which Microsoft made in the Windows 10 in comparison to the previous version of Windows is that they have included new Settings App.
This Settings App is also named as new Control Panel in Windows 10 as most of the options and settings of native Control Panel is now part of the Settings app.
There are lots of ways to access settings app in Windows 10 like
- Click on the Settings icon in the Start menu
- Clicking on the Settings tile in the action center
- Use Windows Icon + I Shortcut key
- Search Settings app in the Start menu search bar
But most of the users prefer to launch the Settings app from the Start menu. Now the problem is that lots of users are reporting that Settings app is missing in the Start menu in Windows 10. It may be happening because by mistake you have configured the Windows 10 OS to hide Settings app icon from the Start menu.
If you’re reading this article that means you’re also facing the same issue. But not to worry as you can easily restore it in the Start menu. Here is what you need to do:
Restore the Missing Settings in the Windows 10 Start Menu
In the following steps, you will be reading the method to fix the issue of settings app icon not appearing in the Start menu of Windows 10:
1. Launch the Settings app. As the Settings app is missing in the Start menu, you can use alternate methods to launch it. You can directly search the Settings app in the Start menu search bar, or quickly launch it by pressing the WIN icon + I keys.
2. In the Settings app windows, you will see different settings, click on the Personalization settings.
3. Under Personalization, on the left pane, click on the Start tab. Now on the right pane, scroll down and click on the link labeled as “Choose which folders appear on Screen”
4. Here you need to Turn on the Settings option to restore the missing Settings to Windows Start Menu.
By using the above method you can also add documents, file explorer, downloads, music, pictures, network and homegroup to Windows 10 Start Menu.
In case, above discussed method didn’t help you then, you can download troubleshooter released by Microsoft. It can fix various issues of Windows 10. Simply run the troubleshooter, click on Run button and let it scan the issue and fix the issue.
We hope that you will find above-discussed method helpful and get success in restoring the missing Settings icon into Windows 10 Start Menu. In case you find any difficulty in doing this or you have any query related to this issue then you can simply drop it in the comment section. We will love to assist you.