Windows 10 is different from the previous version of Windows in many ways, both good and bad. One not so good thing we noticed in this version of Windows is that while all other folders open up on time, the Downloads folder has some problem doing that after you have used Windows for a decent period of time.
You will find the Downloads folder taking up to 20 seconds to open up while the Status Bar slowly fills. The reason why this happens is that by default, Windows is programmed to create thumbnails for all the photos and videos in the folder, even if there are none.
However, with a simple tweak, you can make your Downloads folder open up faster. This tutorial will solve the Downloads Folder Opens Slowly issues in Windows 10. So let’s dig into how to do it.
Make Your Downloads Folder Open Up Faster in Windows 10
- Open the file explorer by either using the “Windows + E” key shortcut or clicking on the icon from the taskbar.
- Right click on “Downloads” shortcut from the window pane on your right and proceed to click on “Properties”.
- In the properties dialogue box, click on the “Customize” tab.
- Under the Customize tab, select the “General items” option from the “Optimize this folder for:” list.
- Click on “Apply” followed by “OK”.
That’s it. Try opening your Downloads folder now; it won’t take longer than a second. But if for some reason your downloads folder is still opening slowly let us know and we will try to update the post with more solutions. This particular method works for most of the users.
So this was our tutorial on how to speed up the Downloads folder opening time in Windows 10. We hope this tutorial was helpful and downloads folder is not opening slowly anymore. If you have any queries regarding the tutorial, feel free to drop a comment below. Also, make sure to check out our other helpful tutorials on Windows 10.
Last Updated on