Windows 10 has a very good driver management system. It searches and installs most of the drivers for your PC components automatically. You will see that most of the drivers for your graphic cards, sound cards and more are automatically installed after you set up your Windows 10 installation.
But sometimes Windows 10 can miss out on some drivers – especially if these components are old or very new. You can still install drivers for these devices manually. In this post, I will tell you how you can easily find, download and install drivers for AMD on Windows 10.
Drivers for your GPU are necessary for Windows 10 else your GPU won’t work properly and the whole purpose of having a dedicated GPU for your PC zeroes down to nothing. This is why it is important to keep your drivers updated.
We will explore automatic as well as manual install options for your AMD components. Let’s get started.
Solution #1: Searching & Installing drivers using Device Manager
Just ignore the fact that the image above reads “NVIDIA”. The process for installing drivers using this method is same so follow the steps given below.
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard. This will open up the Windows Run dialog.
- Now type in “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and press ENTER.
- This will open up the Device Manager. Now browse to Display adapters > Your AMD/ATI GPU.
- Right click on the display adapter and choose “Update Driver Software“.
- On the next screen, choose “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- Windows 10 will automatically search for and download the correct drivers for your Windows 10 installation.
This is the easiest method you can follow to find, download and install the latest driver for your AMD or ATI GPU for Windows 10.
Solution #2: Downloading manually from AMD’s website
This solution also works when you know the model of the GPU that you have. Just follow the steps given below.
- Just head over to AMD support website and you will see a bunch of different options.
- Choose the option that suits best to you. You can download the driver manually by choosing the model, family operating system etc.
- AMD also lists the drivers for their latest products on this website.
- There’s also a tool that you can download on Windows 10 from this website. This tool will detect and install the suitable driver for your GPU.
You can know more about the AMD Drive Autodetect tool from this link. It automatically detects your AMD graphics card model and operating system.
Believe it or not, this is all you need to do in order to download the driver for your AMD component. It isn’t that big of a deal too and anyone can follow the steps listed above and get the drivers installed in no time on Windows 10.