Easy way to disable Windows SmartScreen in Windows 10: The Windows SmartScreen was first introduced in Internet Explorer 8 as a security measure which prevented users from downloading files that could be unsafe. It was later incorporated in Internet Explorer 9 as well and it was embedded into the system itself with the release of Windows 8.
Now when you are running Windows 8 or 8.1 or even 10, if you try to execute an .exe file that doesn’t have a valid certificate from Microsoft, the OS will show a warning and confirm from you before executing the program. This is helpful when people who are new to computers are working on the PC. This feature prevents running programs that are potentially harmful for the system.
But as we know not every algorithm is 100% accurate and same is the case with Windows SmartScreen and it might sometimes give you many false positives at once and it can be annoying. Especially if you are a coder and you don’t have a certificate from Microsoft yet and whenever you execute the program, Windows SmartScreen comes in between.
In this post we will see how to disable Windows SmartScreen in Windows 10 easily.
Disable Windows SmartScreen in Windows 10
- You first need to open your PC’s Control Panel. Start menu > Control panel will open it.
- Now when the Control panel is opened, just look for System and Security > System and Security > Action Center.
- Now in the window that is open, you will see a left pane with a lot of options.
- Look for an option named Change Windows SmartScreen Settings and click that.
- You will a window pop up and it will look like the Window shown below.
- Now all you need to do is choose the last option being shown in the window and this option reads Don’t do anything (turn off Windows SmartScreen)
- Save the settings by clicking OK and now close all windows.
- Go ahead and restart the PC once for a fresh start.
This is it and this is all you needed to do to disable Windows SmartScreen in Windows 10. Now if you have any kinds of questions, just get them cleared in the comments section below and we will try our best to clear your doubts.