If you’ve bought a Windows 8 or Windows 10 operated PC in the recent past, you might have observed that some of the space on the PC’s hard disk is already occupied and not all the space that comes with it is available.
One of the reasons why this happens is due to the supplier shipping the PC with a recovery partition. While it is not advisable to delete the recovery partition, it is just a space occupying mess if you have already backed up the Windows.
So if that is the case with you, you can delete the recovery partition in Windows 10. Today, we’ll be teaching you how to do this using the EaseUS Partition Master tool. So let’s get to it.
Before we start, you need to make sure of a few things. First, make sure you have Windows backed up on an external storage device such as a USB drive or an external hard disk. Second, you’ll need to download and install the EaseUS Partition Manager. Once you have made sure of both these things, we can begin.
Delete The Recovery Partition
- Launch the EaseUS Partition Manager tool.
- Select the partition you want to remove from the bottom of the app window.
- Then click on the “Partition” option from the top. A drop down menu will appear.
- From the drop-down menu, click on “Delete partition” option and click on “OK” to confirm.
- If you have multiple partitions to remove, you can queue them up one after the another.
- Once all your desired partitions have been removed, you can also resize the current partitions. Just drag the left node of the partition you want to expand to the desired size and then click on “OK”.
- Then click on the “Apply” button from the toolbar and let the tool work its magic. The function will take time depending on the amount of data you had stored in these partitions.
Once the process is complete, we suggest you restart your PC to make sure the changes have applied properly.
So this was our tutorial on how to delete the recovery partition in Windows 10. The same tool can even be used on older versions like Windows 8 or Windows 7. If you have any doubts or queries regarding the tutorial, feel free to drop a comment below.
Last Updated on