How to boot Windows 8.1 in Safe mode?
Gone are the days when you could just press shit+F8 to reboot your windows. Safe Mode is used to troubleshoot Windows when it does not function properly. Apart from that, Safe Mode has got many other advantages, that’s the reason you should know how to boot Windows 8.1 in Safe Mode. In this post, we will be sharing few methods to boot Widows 8.1 in Safe Mode. No rocket science is involved it and there are no special hacks involved in it. You just need to follow the steps and it will be done.
No major change is there in the Safe Mode of Windows 8.1 and earlier versions, but Windows 8.1 uses a screen resolution of 1024X768 pixels which was 800X600 pixels in earlier versions.
By Using the System Configuration Tool (msconfig.exe):
This is simply the easiest method for booting into Safe Mode. It is also known as msconfig.exe.
- Open system configuration tool. Go to Control Panel > System Security > Administrative Tools. Click on System Configuration shortcut. You can just type exe in run window or in start screen.
- Now in system configuration box, click on the Boot tab and in Boot Options, tick the Safe Mode option at minimal. Now, if you want then you can restart the system or you can do it later. Whenever system will start again, it will start in Safe Mode.
By using Shift + Restart:
- At the Windows login screen, press the power button. After that, press and hold the Shift key and click on Restart.
- Now in choose option box, click on trouble shoot.
- In Troubleshoot box, press Advance options. In Advance Options box, click Startup Settings. Now click on Restart.
- During startup, it will ask you to press a certain key. Press F4 and Safe Mode will boot up.
Now, you can easily boot in Safe Mode in Windows 8.1.