The Bluetooth technology has become one of the major connectivity options across the devices we use. No matter which device we are on, Bluetooth is always useful for different purposes like being able to interact with external devices like an external keyboard, mouse etc. or just to transfer files and even share internet connections.
Windows 10 allows you to do so much more with Bluetooth with things like being able to connect to an external input device, sharing files and more. As Windows 10 as an operating system is used on PCs and laptops alike, there is a way to turn on and turn off Bluetooth on these respective devices.
Procedure to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10
- Make sure you have enabled the Bluetooth toggle if you have such a toggle on your laptop or your desktop for Bluetooth to work correctly.
- After making sure that the Bluetooth has been toggled, open the Settings app by pressing Windows Key + I.
- Now look for Devices and then navigate to the Bluetooth option.
- You will notice a Bluetooth toggle that you have to switch in order to turn Bluetooth on.
- After it has been turned on, you will see a message that says “Your PC is searching for and can be discovered by Bluetooth devices”.
- You can now search for the devices and connect with them by Pairing with them.
Once you are connected to a Bluetooth device, you will see it in the same Settings section as the name of the connected device and a message that reads “Connected”.
Procedure to turn off Bluetooth on Windows 10
- Turning off Bluetooth is just as easy as turning it on.
- Just open the Settings app again, go to the Devices section, then proceed to the Bluetooth section and toggle the option to turn the Bluetooth off.
Procedure to connect to a Bluetooth audio or wireless display
You can stream audio and even display from your Windows 10 system using Bluetooth and to do that, you can simply follow these steps.
- Open the Windows 10 Action Center by pressing the Windows key + A and you will be able to see the Quick Actions area.
- Now in this Quick Actions are, click on the connect button and you will see the devices that are available to be connected.
- Once you choose a device, the connection will be made automatically.
As you can see, these are some really simple ways to toggle your Bluetooth On and Off on Windows 10. You can either do so from the Settings app or you can connect to a device from the Quick Actions itself. You can use different devices like a Bluetooth keyboard, mouse, speaker or even a projector.