If you are a Microsoft Windows user then you would already be knowing about Windows 10 which is the latest operating system by Microsoft in the Windows OS series. Microsoft interestingly released Windows 10 directly after Windows 8.1 and as per them the Windows 8.1 already had major changes as compared to Windows 8 and hence they decided to consider it a totally new version.
Well, good for them because people believe that they have been having troubles with every alternative release of Windows and this is why they decided to directly name this version Windows 10. Even though that might not be true, Windows 10 is a solid upgrade from both Windows 8 as well as Windows 8.1 and in the current year it is being provided as a free upgrade to users who are using Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1.
There are a lot of features that are really useful and interesting and we have mentioned some of these features here: Windows 10 : Top 5 New Features. We have also been covering many tutorials related to Windows 10 that you can check out here: Windows 10 Tutorials.
This is one such post in which we are going to show you how to recover forgotten WiFi passwords on Windows 10.
Now this is a very important thing to know when you sometimes forget the passwords that are saved on your Windows 10 machine and when you need to share the password. The process is not that hard, it is relatively easy but keep in mind that you need to have a System administrator account in order to perform this tutorial and if you are not then you will be prompted by UAC when you try to perform this tutorial on some Windows 10 machine.
Recover forgotten WiFi passwords on Windows 10
Follow the steps one by one and make sure you do not skip any of them.
- You need to open the RUN dialogue and to do that press the Windows Key + R on your PC’s keyboard at the same time.
- You should now see a box that looks like the image we have embedded below.
- As you can see in the image above, I have entered the following command so enter that and press OK.
- You will now see a window where you will be able to see all your network adapters on your PC.
- Now right click on the Wireless network adapter that you see in this window and open Status.
- In the window that opens up, you will be able to see a bunch of options and buttons.
- Click on Wireless Properties.
- A new window will open up and you will be able to see two tabs. Head over to the tab that says Security.
- In this window you will see the connection security type, encryption type and most importantly your saved password.
- Click on the check box that reads Show characters.
- This will enable you to see the password that is stored for the currently connected WiFi network.
As you can see in the image embedded above, you will now be able to check the saved password for the currently connected network. So, this was a small tutorial in which we showed you how to easily Recover forgotten WiFi passwords on Windows 10. If you have any questions you can get them answered in the comments section below this post.