Windows 10 is probably the best looking Windows OS till date, but you can further customize the OS to make it even better. Almost everyone like the Animated GIF images because they are so much cooler and convey more information than a normal still image. Ever Since the sites like Facebook and Twitter started supporting GIF images, there is a craze among the users to share the best GIFs with their friends.
But what else can you do with these GIF images? I know many users want to set these Animated images as their Desktop wallpaper. If you have ever tried to set a GIF image as wallpaper, you must have noticed that it appears as a static or still image instead of an Animated one.
Unfortunately, by default Windows 10 or Windows 8 does not support GIF images as Desktop background. But don’t loose hope, we have a workaround to set these cool Animated GIFs as your wallpapers. You need to use a 3rd Party Software to set Animated GIF as your wallpaper.
There are a lot of Softwares available online, but the best ones are Stardock DeskScapes and BioniX. DeskScapes is a paid software and users need to pay $10 to use it. In this post, we are going to tell you about BioniX which is a free software and works very well.
How to Set Animated GIF as Background Wallpaper Windows10/Windows 8
Just follow the steps given below to successfully set an animated image as wallpaper in Windows 10 or Windows 8:
- First of all, download the BioniX Desktop Wallpaper changer software from here and install it.
- Before running the software, make sure you have downloaded or created some Good Quality GIF images.
- Open the BioniX software and click on Tools option present in the menu toolbar.
- Now Select the Wallpaper Animator Option and it will open a window as shown below:
- Now Browse to the folder where your GIF images are present and it will display the list of all GIF images below.
- Select the required GIF image and adjust the settings like Animation Speed, Magnification etc.
- You need to keep running the tool in order to see the animation as the wallpaper and you can configure it to run itself on Windows startup.
- The tool will keep running in the background and to stop the Animation you need to click the stop button or close the tool.
So, that’s all. Remember that the software will use some percentage of your system resources so using it on laptops will affect the overall battery life. Hope you were able to follow all the steps mentioned above. If yes, you will be set an animated GIF as your desktop background in Windows 10 or Windows 8. If you are still facing any issue do let us know by leaving a comment below and we will try our best to solve your issue.