Windows 10 comes with a lot of features like Cortana, support for Windows Universal Apps and more. It totally makes sense that you would want to run Windows 10 on your device since it is one of the best Windows versions yet. But while activating your Windows 10 installation, you might run into some sort of problems. One of the biggest problems while activating Windows 10 is the Error 0x803F7001 which people face while activating Windows after upgrading to Windows 10.
This is a very common problem and has some really easy steps to solve this. But before we see how to solve this issue, let us see what exactly causes the Error 0x803F7001.
Reasons for Error 0x803F7001
This problem usually occurs for people who freshly install Windows 10 using a USB drive. It can even occur if you make any sort of hardware changes on your computer. For e.g. changing the Motherboard or updating your BIOS etc.
Now changing a hardware of BIOS triggers Windows 10’s Genuity check to make sure that the user is running a copy of Windows 10 that they own. This is quite annoying to the users who have to face this issue but solving it is also quite easy and we will see the process to fix Error Code 0x803F7001 in Windows 10.
Steps to fix Error 0x803F7001
Solution #1: Enter your Windows CD Key again
This is the first thing that one should do if they’re facing this error. Just head over to
- Just head over to Start > Settings > Update and Security > Activation > Change Product Key.
- Now you have your original CD key with you. Just enter that key here. It doesn’t matter if it is your Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 key. It will work.
- After entering the key, proceed and wait for some time.
The key will be verified from Microsoft’s servers and your Windows 10 will be activated in no time. This should fix Windows 10 Error Code 0x803F7001, if not try following the solution 2.
Solution 2: Activating Windows 10 using Phone
Microsoft has made it possible for users to call into their call centers and get their key verified. This can be done over a call to Microsoft’s activation call center. Just follow the steps given below.
- Press the Windows key + R button on your keyboard to start the Run dialogue.
- Now type in SLUI 4 into the Run window and the press the ENTER key.
- On the next step, you will need to select your country and region and you will be provided with a phone number.
- All you need to do is call the numbers and then verify the numbers you have on screen.
- The Microsoft support will provide with a specific activation code that will let you activate your Windows 10.
If you are still struggling with the windows 10 Activation Failed Error Code 0x803F7001 then we will recommend you to install the windows 10 again.
Solution 3: Install Windows 10 again
If the above solutions do not work for you, then there’s something wrong with your Windows 10 installation. It would be wise to install Windows 10 all over again – freshly. We suggest that you read our guide to install Windows 10.
This was a tutorial where I showed you how to easily fix the Windows 10 Error Code 0x803F7001 to get rid of the issues with Windows 10 activation. The mentioned solutions should work well and if they don’t just let us know in the comments section below.